On Thursday 21st of June Het Nieuwe Instituut brings an ode to the longest and warmest day of the year, inspired by the Dissident Gardens programme. It's going to be a sizzling hot evening with food, music, exhibitions, live radio, performances, rituals and garden walks. Starring live radio show Garden Broadcast by Ja Ja Ja Nee Nee Nee, music by DJ, workshop by artist Samantha Thole and more!
- Doors open at 17:00
- Programme from 18:00 until 21:00
- Music by DJ from 21:00 until 0:00
What to expect?
- A Flower Buffet. Free buffet inspired by the longest day.
- Garden Broadcasts: Midnight Florescence, Morning Fruition. Live radio show by JaJaJaNeeNeeNee radio with an exploration into the Dutch colonial garden and its contemporary developments.
- Transformer Talisman. A search for your innerself. A workshop by artist Samantha Thole using clay and fire.
- Mierigent, A live music performance conducted by an ant. Developed by Gerjan Piksen and played live by musicians.
- Expedition into De Nieuwe Tuin. Field trip with visual artist Frank Bruggeman to De Nieuwe Tuin, that has gradually developed into a public space with an ecological system of herbs, shrubs, birds and animals.
- Garden Walks. Guided explorative walks through Dissident Gardens.
- Free entrance to the Museum. All installations and exhibitions are access free.
Het Nieuwe Instituut
3015 CB Rotterdam
Free with ticket via ticketlink
This event is part of the Rotterdam Architecture Month 2018 programme