For the exhibition Finders Keepers, MacGuffin magazine has brought together thousands of objects from more than 30 lenders from dozens of countries, including 3000 carpenter’s pencils, 30 staircases and 150 different handcuffs, alongside galerist and curator Seth Siegelaub’s collection of headdresses, and a collection of voices assembled by ethnomusicologist Alan Lomax.
The Other Architect is the culmination of extensive archival research by the Canadian Centre for Architecture, featuring work by AMO, Architects’ Revolutionary Council, Architectural Detective Agency, Design-A-Thon, Forensic Architecture, Global Tools, Kommunen in der Neuen Welt and Lightweight Enclosures Unit.
In addition to the exhibitions Finders Keepers and The Other Architect, there’s much more to see and do:
- Kirsten Algera and Ernst van der Hoeven from MacGuffin magazine in conversation about Finders Keepers,
- delicious temptations by Cateringa & Kompanen,
- the exhibition Archive Interpretations including Studio Rotor: Deconstruction with Jaap Bakema Study Centre and students of the TU Delft, Design Diorama by Studio Makkink & Bey, and Dark Archives by Erica Scourti,
- Giovanna Borasi from the CCA talking about The Other Architect,
- seven Fellows of Het Nieuwe Instituut presenting their research,
- tours through the State Archive for Dutch Architecture and Urban Planning,
- and a free origami course aimed at folding the perfect paper plane.